Every bride I serve has a different vision for her wedding day. This article evolved after many requests for assistance in locating key bridal accessories such as costume (also called reproduction) jewelry, accessories or gifts completing the bride’s carefully constructed vision.
Wedding Jewelry Ideas for Everyone – Who Should Read This Article?
- If you’re seeking a piece of statement jewelry outrageously gorgeous to complete your wedding ensemble…..
- If you want to look like you paid huge money for your gorgeous wedding accessories but really didn’t…….
- If you’re a fan of movies, Golden Era or modern/contemporary celebrities or otherwise…
- If you want to buy your soon to be mother-in-law a gift that will knock her socks off and finally get that scowl off her face….
- If you want to give your almost husband a wedding gift singular in design and taste…..
Filthy Rich serves up delightful jewels and accessories so splendid that to call them costume jewelry is like calling Wolfgang Puck a kitchen jockey. These are fabulous and AFFORDABLE reproductions of jewelry owned by film stars and popular celebrities both from yesterday and today. Whether your personal style drifts towards the Golden era of Hollywood (Must-See: Marilyn Monroe Eternity Band) or are inspired by a new generation of celebrity (Must-See: Sienna Miller Ribbon Ring), you’ll enjoy a wide range of options with surely some of them speaking directly to you.
Okay let’s face it? Most of us mortals can’t afford the real deal, and honestly, even if we could, when realistically would we be able to wear it again except for very special occasions. Even Jackie Kennedy didn’t do that. Did you know that she had all her uber expensive jewelry recreated as reproductions so she could wear them whenever she wanted without having to worry about losing or damaging them? Moreover when Tiffany’s was creating the reproductions they used exactly the same raw materials as what you’ll find in Filthy Rich. Yup! These are no ordinary baubles you buy at a department store, wear twice and then suffer the green finger consequences of cheap plating. Filthy Rich uses top end processes and raw materials like Rhodium to create their jewels giving you a long lasting finish so you can cherish your beautiful piece ad infinitum.
What I truly loved about the Filthy Rich shop though was the people behind the counter. Not only were they knowledgeable about their products (the history behind the piece, their fantastic warranty, ability to suggest matching pieces,) they were invested in your vision and making it come true, hearing your ideas then catalyzing them into tangible solutions that really capture exactly what you’re trying to achieve.
- Bachelorette parties – work with them to plan your event. Start your night at Filthy Rich with all your girls in one place so you can finalize your ensemble then head out for the next adventure.
- They help you style your wedding look after your favorite celebrity pulling from their “Inspired By” series.
- Huge variety of Golden Era (Old Hollywood) stars including reproductions from movies like Roman Holiday, Gone with the Wind,etc.
- Contemporary celebrity reproductions
- Bridal series collections that includes engagement rings, wedding rings, necklaces, cuff links, tie tacks – many items with matching or complimentary pieces.
- Elvis collection – they work directly with Elvis’ long time jeweler to create direct reproductions from his jewelry collection.
- Style your wedding ensemble to match a color scheme or theme (Gatsby theme aficionados will drool over the pieces to match this leitmotif.
- Jackie Kennedy collection – licensed by the Kennedy Foundation, Filthy Rich joins only a handful of organizations in the US allowed to reproduce her signature jewelry and these two stores in St. Augustine are the only providers in St. Johns county authorized to sell her collection.
- A short list of other film star collections you’ll find are: Marilyn Monroe collection, Veronica Lake Collection, Vivien Leigh Collection, and still a wider range includes licensed collections from films such as Twilight, True Blood and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Shopping options: Stop by either store for personalized assistance or shop directly within their Facebook page (Filthy Rich of St. Augustine.)
- Setting up special surprise events – they recently set up a proposal scenario for a fellow to pop the question in the store. The bride stumbled across her own photo next an engagement ring displayed in the case.
- Great Hollywood collectibles like actual framed celluloid cells from movies, action figures and the like.
- Tiaras to fit every style (okay maybe not Lady Gaga but just about everybody else.)
Filthy Rich – Quality Reproduction Jewelry, Accessories and Memorabilia
KING STREET STORE LOCATION
41-B King Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084
CHARLOTTE STREET STORE LOCATION
84 Charlotte Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084
**Special thanks extended to Dan McBride, owner and the incomparable, Ana Rosa for educating me about their products and services so I could write this article.
That Wedding Lady
Serving Jacksonville, FL – St. Augustine, FL – Amelia Island, FL – Orange Park, FL
Duval – St. Johns – Nassau – Clay